Thoughts from Ali
Sometimes, life can feel chaotic and out of control.
I've learned that one of the best solutions for taking control of the chaos is to use a planner.
I use a physical, actual page turning planner, where time feels linear and there are less distractions to stop me getting organised. I write my to-do lists, plan menus for the week, and write down all my appointments.
I bought my first actual planner (versus just a diary) 5 years ago now, and have never looked back.
As I love to do, I designed and sewed a cover to keep my planner in, and shared my processes along the way. You can take a look here. I did not make this into a pattern at the time. However it has been my most requested one ever since then.
And now, I’ve turned that cover into a beautiful pattern I'm ready to share with the world. I have updated and added lots of internal storage and extra cover design options.
Let me introduce the ‘Creator’s Compendium’, a padded, zippered diary cover, with 3 exterior cover options, a separate pencil case, and plenty of cute (but functional) details.
I also adore stationery of all kinds, and I love to use it in my planners.
So, inside, you'll find 4 pockets for stickers, templates, washi tape and sticky notes. There's a zippered pocket, a pen holder and a separate pencil case to hold markers.
Here are some more features that you will love:
- This cover is designed to fit a 7" x 9" (approx. 18 cm x 23 cm) notebook and fits planners like the Erin Condren Life Planner, the Happy Planner and the Quilter's Planner.
- 3 unique cover designs + you can mod it to your liking
- Loads of internal storage for stationery
- YouTube video tutorials to guide you through every step
- Detailed instructions and lots of diagrams to help you
- Lots of opportunity for you to bring your style
- Learn new sewing techniques like facing a zipper and making piping
- Makes the perfect gift for family members starting school or college, or friends who love to plan and journal
Ali Phillips is an Australian sewist and entrepreneur with a passion for family, creativity, and organisation.